"Charlotte went to town this morning with Papa."
Market Wharf and Ferry Landing, Halifax--ca. 1835. Watercolour by William Eagar--
955.218.4 photo courtesy of the Royal Ontario Museum ©Royal Ontario Museum.
(The Beamish residence is behind the building at extreme left and attached to the building second from left. It is where Louisa visited Thomas, his sisters, and his mother; where her father and the milk boy exchanged her notes for those of Harriet and Maria; and where, after her marriage in 1816, Louisa lived with Thomas. On the right is the Market House. Behind the building next to it would be the Market Wharf—previously called Beamish Wharf and before that Frederick’s Wharf. It is now the Cable Wharf.)