There is reason to believe that when Stephen Collins sold his sister the southern 160 acres, they both thought that he was keeping a slightly larger portion for himself. As things turned out, his portion contained only 128 acres; but it seems that up until the day that his lot was actually surveyed (in Sept., 1834, by Titus Smith) it was commonly thought that it would have contained 170 acres. (For more, see Appendix A, item 18.)