The lake is at the summit of Breakheart Hill,and is (ninety percent of it) just inside the eastern boundary of Colin Grove.
(It was known as "Collins' Lake" by 1828 and likely long before that. See Louisa's reference to it in D27 as "our lake." Later, it seems to have been "Clifford's Lake," after the family that succeeded the Collins family at Colin Grove. Still later it became "Bell's lake," after the owner of the neighbouring farm. It is this name--written "Bell Lake" on modern maps--that it has retained to the present.)